1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye… But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
♥ Daily Dose
The Dalai Lama is a high lama in the Gelug or “Yellow Hat” branch of Tibetan Buddhism. The name is a combination of the Mongolian word далай (dalai) meaning “Ocean” and the Tibetan word བླ་མ་ bla-ma (with a silent “b”) meaning “chief, high priest”.
1. REMEMBER THAT NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT IS SOMETIMES A WONDERFUL STROKE OF LUCK.
3. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE TOO SMALL TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, TRY SLEEPING WITH A MOSQUITO.
4. LOVE IS THE ABSENCE OF JUDGMENT.
5. MY RELIGION IS VERY SIMPLE. MY RELIGION IS KINDNESS.
6. SILENCE IS SOMETIMES THE BEST ANSWER.
7. KNOW THE RULES WELL, SO YOU CAN BREAK THEM EFFECTIVELY.
8. CHOOSE TO BE OPTIMISTIC, IT FEELS BETTER.
9. JUDGE YOUR SUCCESS BY WHAT YOU HAD TO GIVE UP IN ORDER TO GET IT.
10. A TRULY COMPASSIONATE ATTITUDE TOWARD OTHERS DOES NOT CHANGE EVEN IF THEY BEHAVE NEGATIVELY OR HURT YOU.
11. WHEN YOU REALIZE YOU’VE MADE A MISTAKE, TAKE IMMEDIATE STEPS TO CORRECT IT.
12. LOVE AND COMPASSION ARE THE
13. THE WAY TO CHANGE OTHERS’ MINDS IS WITH AFFECTION, AND NOT ANGER.
14. BE KIND WHENEVER POSSIBLE. IT IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE.
15. COMPASSION IS THE RADICALISM OF OUR TIME.
16. IN THE PRACTICE OF TOLERANCE, ONE’S ENEMY IS THE BEST TEACHER.
17. OPEN YOUR ARMS TO CHANGE BUT DON’T LET GO OF YOUR VALUES.
18. I FIND HOPE IN THE DARKEST OF DAYS, AND FOCUS IN THE BRIGHTEST. I DO NOT JUDGE THE UNIVERSE.
19. I DEFEAT MY ENEMYS WHEN I MAKE THEM MY FRIENDS.
20. A GENUINE, AFFECTIONATE SMILE IS VERY IMPORTANT IN OUR DAY-TO-DAY LIVES.
21. SLEEP IS THE BEST MEDITATION.
22. WHERE IGNORANCE IS OUR MASTER, THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY OF REAL PEACE.
Audrey Hepburn (born Audrey Kathleen Ruston; 4 May 1929 – 20 January 1993) was a British actress and humanitarian. Recognised as both a film and fashion icon, Hepburn was active during Hollywood’s Golden Age. She has since been ranked as the third greatest female screen legend in the history of American cinema and been placed in the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame.
Born in Ixelles, a district of Brussels, Hepburn spent her childhood between Belgium, England and the Netherlands, including German-occupied Arnhem during the Second World War. In Amsterdam, she studied ballet with Sonia Gaskell before moving to London in 1948 to continue ballet training with Marie Rambert and perform as a chorus girl in West End musical theatre productions.
1. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE – TO BE HAPPY – IT’S ALL THAT MATTERS.
2. I DON’T WANT TO BE ALONE, I WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE.
3. AND THE BEAUTY OF A WOMAN, WITH PASSING YEARS ONLY GROWS.
4. AS A MATTER AF FACT, I RATHER FEEL LIKE EXPRESSING MYSELF NOW.
5. EVERYTHING I LEARNED I LEARNED FROM THE MOVIES.
6. PEOPLE, EVEN MORE THAN THINGS, HAVE TO BE RESTORED, RENEWED, REVIVED, RECLAIMED, AND REDEEMED; NEVER THROW OUT ANYONE.
7. I’VE BEEN LUCKY. OPPORTUNITIES DON’T OFTEN COME ALONG. SO, WHEN THEY DO, YOU HAVE TO GRAD THEM.
8. I HEARD A DEFINITION ONCE: HAPPINESS IS HEALTH AND A SHORT MEMORY! I WISH I’D INVENTED IT, BECAUSE IT IS VERY TRUE.
9. WHY CHANGE? EVERYONE HAS HIS OWN STYLE. WHEN YOU HAVE FOUND IT, YOU SHOULD STICK TO IT.
10. YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL WHAT KIND OF A PERSON A MAN REALLY THINKS YOU ARE BY THE EARRING HE GIVES YOU.
11. WHEN YOU HAVE NOBODY YOU CAN MAKE A CUP OF TEA FOR, WHEN NOBODY NEEDS YOU, THAT’S WHEN I THINK LIFE IS OVER.
12. I HAVE TO BE ALONE VERY OFTEN. I’D BE QUITE HAPPY IF I SPENT FROM SATURDAY NIGHT UNTIL MONDAY MORNING ALONE IN MY APARTMENT. THAT’S HOW I REFUEL.
13. I’M AN INTROVERT… I LOVE BEING BY MYSELF, LOVE BEING OUTDOORS, LOVE TAKING A LONG WALK WITH MY DOGS AND LOOKING AT THE TREES, FLOWERS, THE SKY.
14. LET’S FACE IT, A NICE CREAMY CHOCOLATE CAKE DOES A LOT FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE; IT DOES FOR ME.
15. IF I GET MARRIED, I WANT TO BE VERY MARRIED.
16. PARIS IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA.
17. I DON’T WANT TO BE ALONE, I WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE.
18. YOU CAN TELL MORE ABOUT A PERSON BY WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT OTHERS THAN YOU CAN BY WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT HIM.
19. THE BEST THING TO HOLD ONTO IN LIFE IS EACH OTHER.
20. YOUR HEART JUST BREAKS, THAT’S ALL. BUT YOU CAN’T JUDGE OR POINT FINGERS. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND SOMEONE WHO APPRECIATES YOU.
21. I WAS BORN WITH AN ENORMOUS NEED FOR AFFECTION, AND A TERRIBLE NEED TO GIVE IT.
22. IF I’M HONEST I HAVE TO TELL YOU I STILL READ FAIRY-TALES AND I LIKE THEM BEST OF ALL.
23. I LOVE PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME LAUGH. I HONESTLY THINK IT’S THE THING I LIKE MOST, TO LAUGH. IT CURES A MULTITUDE OF ILLS. IT’S PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN A PERSON.
24. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, THE WORD ITSELF SAYS ‘I’M POSSIBLE’!
Attitude is all about CHOICE!